Mt Buller Village – Mt Stirling – Mt Buller Summit – Mt Buller Village
This run commences at the Village clock tower.
Mt Buller Village—Howqua Gap—4.6 km
- At the Village square, follow the marked course to the Circuit Road.
- Cross the Circuit Road and pick up the trail signposted “7” and follow this to a track junction.
- Follow the track marked “Stirling via Corn Hill” (a 4WD track).
- Follow the Corn Hill fire trail (do not go to the summit) before dropping down to Howqua Gap.
Caution—be aware of downhill mountain bikers on this trail.
Howqua Gap—Mt Stirling—4.0 km
- Cross the Circuit Rd and take the foot path up to Howqua Gap Hut (toilet/water).
- Follow the Howqua Gap track past Maps 47, 48, 45 and 40 up to Stanley’s Bowl and then onto the summit of Mt Stirling (1749 m).
- Great views! Water and toilets are available 100 m away at the GGS Hut.
Caution—be aware of 4WDs on the track.
Mt Stirling—Mt Buller Summit—Village—12.6 km
- From Mt Stirling retrace your route back to the Village clock tower and head up to the summit via the Nature Walk trail.
- Back at the Summit Car Park turn right onto the Nature Trail and return to the finish in the Village Square.
- Relax and take in the scenery over a cool drink and cake or coffee.
To download the JPEG file, click here.
Map, elevation profile and Strava activity by courtesy of Aaron Knight https://www.strava.com/activities/275685631
To download the pdf, click here.